Friday 16 January 2015

Happy Birthday!



Happy first birthday to you, our lovely home!

I cant believe it's already been 1 year (12th December) since getting our keys to our brand new home. All the tears and tantrums were worth it in the end and you never think it's going to happen then all of a sudden voila' it's yours!

We've had a blast decorating and putting the finishing touches to both the inside and out and are happy with the results so far.

I was asked the other day if this was our first xmas in the new home and given that it was our 2nd, it felt like our first as this time we didn't have a million boxes around us and nothing but concrete dust surrounding the outside.

I'm still surprised at how much we've achieved over the year and spending the holidays relaxing around or in the pool and in a completed home was far better than last year believe me!

Even just looking through the photos of when we first began, I see so much of a difference already especially with the gardens...I never knew I had such a green thumb!

Everything has doubled, even tripled in size and I haven't even finished!

I still cringe when I see the old photos that I took as the house was being built and am in awe of how it all looks now, here take a stroll down memory lane with me...

this was when we were first pegged
almost completed

house completed, landscaped and driveway done


the backyard before landscaping and fencing almost complete

landscaping and fencing completed

looking towards the rear of the home just after handover

now with the Bali huts and landscaping done

the shell of the pool

the pool after the interior was completed and filled, tiles done, retaining walls completed and landscaping in

check out how small my trees are 

this was taken back in September (see no leaves on the frangipani)


look at how big and lush all the plants are now...my frangipani is wild and looks like it's strangling the Yucca! this photo was only taken on wednesday









Happy birthday SANTAI





No comments:

Post a Comment