Saturday 17 January 2015

Be Our Guest...






It's nice to have guests stay, whether it be family or friends from near or far. I just love making them feel like their staying in a 5 star resort and treat them just like they've come to visit for the first time.

I tend to go a little overboard (so I've been told), but just to see their faces light up when they enter the guest bedroom is well worth all the effort.

I know how I feel when we've stayed in resorts in Asia, the instant you set your foot in the room a sense of calmness and tranquility overwhelms you (well it does me anyway), and you instantly feel relaxed.

Well that's the exact feeling I want to portray in our home and I think I've come pretty close.

I've always got scented candles or incense lit throughout the house and soft music (not always Indonesian) playing which also plays in the bedrooms and bathrooms

I also make sure I have fresh white towels, robes and slippers for each guest on the bed along with some handmade organic soap which I buy at our local market

I also have a tray which holds a variety of things like, hand cream, soaps, massage oil, bath oil, face washers and a scented candle.

Being the avid scrapbooker, I make a personal note to place on the bed along with a pillow menu....how's that for being a great hostess?

But that's not all, I also make mini photo albums (which includes a space for journaling) for our guests to take photos of their stay which is nice to take home with them...it's great when our interstate/international friends stay as we like to take them sightseeing and these little mini albums come in handy!

I include a little bit about the house and history of the area and add a few photos to it as well, that way they can show others when they go home...it's like taking a piece of us with them and little like they've never left!

I always place a little chocolate on the pillows each night and turn down the bed....told you I go all out!











a little book stand is always handy

I try to get as much light to the room as possible 

No comments:

Post a Comment