Saturday 4 April 2015

Staining continued

Don't you just hate it when you start something and cant finish it off? Well that's been me for the last week and now I have to contend with the rain...grrr

Last time we spoke, I had completed staining the rear fence and the whole yard seemed to be taking on a different look and I just loved how it was all coming together.

Since I was doing all the staining by hand, my shoulder and wrist was suffering and it was looking like I was going to have to give in and hire a spray gun to do the rest.

My stubbornness got the better of me though and so I decided to continue (by hand) and start the next side...the final side last Monday.

After having most of the week off prior, to recover from my aches and pains, I got a start on the final leg and did another 2 panels...woohoo I was determined to finish the fence and soreness wasn't going to get the better of me

On Tuesday,

I needed a change of scenery, and wanted to do the front panels just to lift the look of the house (so to speak) and given that the one on the right side of the picture needs another coat (the clouds started rolling in), I'm loving how it's matching the colour of the garage doors


here's a closer look

By Wednesday the rain continued and I was trapped indoors :( which stopped me from doing anything outside.
The rain continued for the rest of the week just lightly at first but enough to stop me from painting

With Easter and the school holidays upon me, I'm not sure when I'll be finished now! 
Ho hum, I'll just have to do it whenever there's a break in the clouds even if I only get to do 1 panel at a time

Bye for now, have a wonderful Easter break and stay safe 


No comments:

Post a Comment