Thursday 9 October 2014

My Kitchen Rulez!




Well I put the finishing touches to the kitchen yesterday and I'm so happy with the outcome. 
I managed to take some pictures before the kids got home from school so they didn't devour all the apples again...especially if I was to have an explosion (as always), of teens and pre teens popping in too!

Being adamant that my home will be 'Clutter' free, I think that only having a few items on the bench is all that's necessary to achieve a clean and sleek look.
I personalised it too by adding some wooden lettering which I think is quirky but cute and certainly not for everyone, but since I enjoy spending most of my time in it...why not!
I think the green accessories are a wonderful contrast to the charcoal (Cavia Lini) cabinetry and still allows me to tie it in with the Asian theme, since green represents Nature.

The best thing about my kitchen is, I don't have to stick with the one colour...I could also decorate it in blue tones, white, orange, yellow and of course red.
I also went back here just to take (and admire) some better photos of our new dining suite that will be here soon!








can you see the sparkle of the splashback? 
It's called: Resene Grey Blast 1 Starphire


I bought this Frangipani girl from here that was on special for $19



1. Pendant lighting supplied by lights2You
2. Wooden lettering supplied by spotlight
3. All cabinetry by Polytec in Cavia Lini
4. Caesarstone benchtops in Urban 1
5. Floral arrangement and glass vase by The Lifestyle Warehouse 
6. Saturn (Black Horizon) Power Points and Light Switches by Clipsal by Schneider-Electric
7. Canvas purchased in Bali
8. Silver plater purchased in Vietnam
9. Glass Splashback in Grey Blast 1 Starphire by Resene
10. Glassware by The Lifestyle Warehouse
11. Frangipani girl by Tigress
12. Oven by Beaumatic
13. Glass Rangehood by Beaumatic
14. Ceiling fan by Clipsal by Schneider-Electric
15. Placemat (Green) supplied by BigW

Mmmmmm, I wonder what's in her drawers I hear you ask...

double pull-out bins...nothing worse than to have those ugly stainless steel or plastic bins in the kitchen for all to see and smell! Besides, I don't have anywhere to put one anyway lol. All drawers and cabinets are soft close...no more slaming them shut for me!


I use one for rubbish and the other for recycling 



 directly under the bins is my drawer with my mixing bowls, measuring jugs and food scales



to the right of the bins is my cutlery drawer with a handy compartment for my wire baskets (great to serve homemade fries in), the kids just love them and think they're in a restaurant!




underneath the cutlery is the first pot drawer


the 2nd pot drawer....I do love to cook!


oven trays under the stove....so handy


first drawer to the right of the oven is another cutlery drawer which I use for my knives and some quick grab utensils (my other utensil holder is chockers!) Why so many knives?...I am a Master Chef! 


under that is another pot drawer (same combination as left side bank of drawers), which I hold all of my wraps. Mmmmm can you tell what I like to do most?


under that, my storage container drawer when they're not in use of course!



the Island bench has a drawer as well under the microwave, it houses my tea-towels and chef apron's



here's what my dining table will look like...

I say...is that the most beautiful coloured hardwood timber you've ever seen?


White Leather chairs with 10yr guarantee. How good does it look? A great contrast to the charcoal kitchen. I would've loved to have had a matching buffet (for extra storage) for the alcove in the dining room (see pic 3) but unfortunately the one that matches the table is too long (wide) for it so I'll have to make do with the floating shelf that I made a while ago...but I do have something else in mind! You're going to have to keep watching to see what it is!!!!!!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment