Thursday 8 January 2015

Delivered at last!

We finally had our dining room suite delivered today and not a day too soon. I cant begin to tell you how frustrating it's been since ordering the darn thing. 

When we decided that the other one (seen here) was going to be too small in such a large area, we found the perfect size and probably a bit better quality (not to mention a few extra $$), but none the less we think this one would be better suited. 
So once we ordered it and paid our deposit (back in Oct), we were assured that we wouldn't have to wait too long for the next shipment and we should have it in 3 weeks.
Well that certainly didn't happen and because of a minor (to them) error, we had to wait for another shipment which was due to be docked mid December.
Again waiting patiently (not), I called the store to chase up our order only to be told that the table was in the store but the chairs hadn't arrived.....are you freaking kidding me!
So we waited some more and were notified just before xmas of their final arrival, but due to the docks being on strike we were told that they couldn't be delivered until sometime in January!!!!!! Arrrrrrg, it was the most annoying time I've ever had to wait for something and especially since we were having family over for xmas day, yes 12 people = 12 bums needing to be seated for a xmas spread fit for a king. 
Alas, I made do with what we had by way of the outdoor setting in the alfresco and borrowed a small table and some chairs off a very willing and helpful neighbour...phew!

Suffice to say, I love our new dining suite and cant wait for our first dinner party to christen it lol.

I guess once all the chairs have been sat on and used, those creases will flatten out. 

I'm so glad I talked Geoff into letting me have white chairs and as much as he hated the idea at first, he's more than happy we didn't go with his pick of the chocolate colour. 

I'm also glad I changed my mind about the bigger table of 3m long (that I ordered first) and got the 2.5m instead as I think it suits the area better and doesn't shrink the kitchen like the 3m one would've.  Although it still would've fitted nicely by having all the chairs like above and none on the ends, having such a small kitchen (the only downfall to the design), wouldn't have given it balance and perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment