Wednesday 5 November 2014

'Gold Class Cinema'...finished

Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I last wrote a post how slack of me! Well we finally finished our star panels in the theatre and they really do come to life when watching a movie.

It truly does feel like your watching a movie under the stars! It wasn't complete without complications though, you all know the drama with the 'missing'panel I told you about earlier, well that arrived a couple of days later so we were able to continue.

That's when we discovered the next hurdle! After putting up the third panel (the air vent), we were placing the 4th panel up when I realised it didn't have the connection needed. Grrrr, why didn't I pick this up earlier? So after ringing the sales guy John (again), he said that we can take one from one of the last panels and by the time we get to putting those up, he would have one mailed to us by priority post.

 Now since this was on the Friday, we of course had to wait until the Monday to put the last 2 panels up. Now the other dilemma that we faced was the steel studs! For those of you who have a steel frame home, you would know some of the nightmare issues these frames can cause, but alas, we resolved it no problem (thanks to my genius brain).

 As we were putting each panel up, we had to screw the 4 corners to the ceiling, now these screws are meant for timber frames (studs) so we faced the joys of pre-drilling holes to allow for the screw to go through to the studs....grrrr, what a pain!

 By the time we got to putting up the 4th panel, I could tell Geoff was getting anoyed so I said (not knowing I was a genius), "Why don't we just place strong double sided tape (from bunnings) and a bit of liquid nails (what a fab invention that is) on the panels instead of screwing them in?"

 Geoff looked at me (what I thought to be puzzled) and said "Your a genius", so that's what we did! Before we knew it, we were up to the 14th panel (this was the one we had to wait for the connection for) in no time at all woohoo!

 So instead of it taking us hours to do, we did it in less than 2 hours and ended up putting the last 2 panels in on the Monday night.



just watching normal T.V

even with the lights on, you can still see the stars

'Show Time'

No comments:

Post a Comment