Saturday 23 August 2014

The Bargain Hunter...




Yep you guessed it....I'm the 'Queen' of eBay!

Over the last few weeks I've been searching everywhere hoping to find something nice to put in the entry. Given that it couldn't be too big (the entry although wide, was fairly open), I finally found the perfect item, on eBay...woohoo!

I happened to stumble across them last tuesday night when I was (still) searching for a timber desk, but that's another story that I'll fill you in on later.

Anyway, here they were just begging for me to give them a new home. They were in 2 separate listings 1 large, 1 small and both had starting prices of $50 each.
I knew they were worth a lot more than that retail, so since no one had started the bid off, I sent a message to the seller and asked if she/he had a 'buy it now' price for the both of them.
Thinking that she would say some ridiculous amount, or that someone would start bidding if she didn't get back to me, a message came through a little later saying that I could have them both for $50....what, hell yeah!

I didn't hesitate and wrote back straight away and told her that I'd take them and would pick them up (I wanted to jump in the car there and then), at her convenience.

She said that I could pick them up on Saturday (today)

Check 'em out...




Can you believe my luck?...

I also found these beauties (although not a true Samsara design, they're timber none the less), and picked them up last weekend for $80 on eBay...in top nick, no scratches practically brand new!



a much better match to the teak bed I think

we gave our old ones to Brendon, they suit his room a lot more















2 comments:

  1. Love the urns/pots! Which Ebay store was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they're yummy aren't they Nai, it was a private sale, she was soooooo reluctant in selling them but they didn't suit the new decor' apparently she purchased them in Qld for their home they had their. I've looked at places like Vast but to no avail. I think I jagged it when I was having a moment of 'Just browsing' as you do! How's everything with you, are all the down lights in?

    ReplyDelete