Friday 29 November 2013

Fix-ups

Whilst Brian (SS) had last day on the house yesterday, all went fairly well with both him and his supervisor not picking anything different up so that's pretty reassuring.

Today the plasterers came and did their thing with the (fix-ups), and we had the bathroom fixtures finally installed...hooray. All the internal door handles were put on bar the LIN 1 doors. Apparently they haven't arrived as yet so hopefully they'll come on Monday.

Monday looks to be like its going to be a pretty big day with the shower screens and mirrors getting installed...now I'll finally get to see the bathrooms finished completely. The painters are also expected on Monday to repaint the fix-ups and apart from that, all there'll be left to do is install the fly screens,  install the hot water and the appliances.

I've spent most of today happily packing, (mostly kitchen stuff) and counted all the boxes so far...12 large, crikey I've got some sh1t!

And, I've just started on the office stuff, I'm already on my 5th box!
I think I'm gunna need these last 2 weeks just to get through all the packing lol. Thank god it's school holidays as of next Thursday...I'm going to put the boys to good use.

I'm still unsure of how I feel about the timber battens on the facade and whether they're too dark. To me it makes it look as though they're not timber and have been painted with normal dark coloured paint instead of stained with a Merbau stain gosh, we paid enough money for them!

I guess in time they'll grow on me, I just have to imagine how it'll look once we have the driveway, turf and gardens in, and think positive!




see here for internal doors and hardware


Comments:

Mel. S - I've been looking at your timber posts again and wondered what colour stain you used? We have my builders mix on our front posts & door which looks identical to the Caoba garage doors in the photos I have from Colour Selections, I'm paranoid mine will look too dark now!

Renai. Roberts - I think the timber looks great. It does look a little dark like it's been painted, but I really like how it matches the door and the window frames. Not long now!

Merryn. Courtney - Michelle has MJH given you any idea as to why your builders mix stain isn so much deeper that usual? We've also elected to have our timber beams and front door stained in the builders mix as is it is intended to be a good match for the caoba garage doors, but the colour on your build are certainly different. I still think your house looks PHENOMENAL but I can understand it would have been a shock to see the battens this dark, especially after getting used to their natural lighter tone. Whilst I believe it still works with the rest of your colours, it needs to be something YOU can live with and if its not what you wanted then it should be raised. It is your brand new home after all and it should be the one you envisioned (and paid all that moolah for!) Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment