Monday 23 March 2015

Staining the timber fence pt. 1




I had a moment of pure wait for it....'mental madness' when I decided to do the unthinkable last Friday...staining the fence, all 100 plus metres of it, am I crazy or what?

All by hand I might add, no spray guns for me...lucky I love painting!

I started by staining behind the Buddha in the pool area first which was bloody hard with the gardens already in and getting established! I tell you it certainly wasn't easy getting behind some of the plants especially the Yukkas and I was literally scratched beyond recognition (maybe that's exaggerated a bit) and had my eyes almost poked out.. honestly!
But the end result was astounding to say the least and I'm so happy with it and cant believe how much it's changed the whole look again.
It's so Oriental looking now and if it didn't represent paradise before...then it truly does now!

I cant wait to see it all finished 



I completed the pool area by Saturday afternoon


By Sunday afternoon, I had done another 3 full panels towards the back fence

I took this shot with the mini iPad so its not that good but can you just imagine how awesome the fence will look once it's all complete?

I have another 4 panels to go before i start on the back...omg it's gunna take me forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment