Friday 17 October 2014

Home Office Makeover...part 1.

Another project I've been wanting to start is my home office.

At the moment it's just a pig stye and not at all a pleasure to be in. Sadly I have to admit it's desperately unorganised as stuff just gets thrown either in the drawers or the bookcase.

I've been sourcing a few ideas off the web which I think will work for me but the only trouble is, if I'm to take note of my Feng shui, I should have the desk in front of the window and facing the doorway, mmm!



But I'd love to have a large enough desk (see pic no 1.) so that 2 people (Geoff works from home sometimes) can be working at the same time so this will need to go along the garage side wall (see pic below) and unfortunately that means that my back will be toward the opening (doorway)....Feng Shui no no!

Since the desk I'm using at the moment is a corner desk, and at first (when we moved in) I had it... look at the picture below and imagine it to the left of the room.




So one side faced the wall that the buffet will be on, and the right side of the desk was on the wall where I want the new one to go. So in turn that meant that I had my back to the window.

This meant that I not only didn't have enough light on my work space, but I couldn't see what was going on outside... and I like seeing what's going on outside!

So after many arguments with the hubs, I changed it (while he was at work) to where it lives now and although it's a massive improvement (on light and view), it's still not functional (see pictures below)



Isn't that just pitiful? To think that we've now been in the house for over 9 months and the home office still looks like a tip and it's certainly not what I intended and it's on it's way to be mended.

So I've designed my office around the first mood board

I think this project is going to be a mini series in the making, so keep watching to see the mini makeover unfold and of course the spectacular outcome.

I'll call this....part 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment