Thursday 7 August 2014

Let there be light...


Ah, finally I wait no longer to have some lights in my garden thanks to my wonderful husband who gave up his well earned rest last Sunday. I’ve been hounding him for ages to put in the old garden lights that we had from our last build only to be told “I’ll do it next weekend, when I’ve got time”. I think he’s finally learnt not to keep ignoring me and my demands and in the end gave up so to speak just for peace.
this would have to be my all time favourite spot to relax in now...I loooove it!







Although we have to finish off the rest of the gardens (8-10 more lights), it’s at least a start and already looks amazing especially when the fairy lights in the hut are turned on...I'll let the pictures tell the story!


I've also added a few garden pots to the alfresco because I was sick of looking at bare brick walls, I picked these up from bunnings, I spotted them on sale for half price...don't you just love a bargain when you see one? I put some nice Lilly's in them and can't believe the difference they've made to the space...I loooove them!




You can see why we love the billiards room, the picture windows were well worth the upgrade


Comments:

J. Chadwick said - That looks incredible, I didn't think it could make such a difference but what a surprise, I bet your very happy? Those fairy lights and curtains really take on a new definition of 'Oasis', what a great idea to have your sun beds in the hut too, I don't think I'd move, the kids would starve and hubby would have to find a maid lol, fantastic job!  

Me - Thank you Julie, yes love the fairy lights they really make the hut pop!

J. Stevens said - OMG...OMG...OMG.  Are you SERIOUS! This is just amazing guys well bloody done. I want to come and live there or even just to holiday will do (for now at least). When you guys want to sell up let me know lol. Honestly, I think you've out done yourselves again, I thought the house was looking incredible before, but really, really I can't say it enough. Gosh I wish I could have the 'Dream Home' you guys have it's a credit to you both, well done x  

Me - Oh Jo you always say the loveliest things thank you. We are incredibly lucky to have been able to create what we believe is our best home yet. It's ever so amazing just watching how many people admire it from afar (which says a lot) and to be able to share it with everyone this way is something I love doing. It's people like you that make me enjoy sharing our dream home so thank you sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment