Friday 16 May 2014

The great outdoors...



We finally worked out what we wanted to do in the bigger hut since we couldn't have a built in bar and bbq because of the water run off that flows into the drain (behind fence), so we ended up buying an outdoor kitchen that has castors for manoeuvrability and a water hyacinth outdoor bar setting instead


When the bar isn't used, we move it in closer to the bbq so it stays protected from the sun and rain
normally it sits just inside the outer edge of the hut so there's plenty of room between it and the bbq


looking across from the smaller hut


a different point of view! 
little did I know, when I put my camera on the ground to grab the footy out of the pool, I must've accidentally pressed the shutter button and because the camera was already on timer mode, it took a shot. When I uploaded the photos onto the computer, I was surprised to see this..it's not half bad hey! 


I can't wait to have my frangipanis in full bloom again

  
We changed our minds and moved the lounge setting to the alfresco. We now want to put some sun lounges in it's place so we can watch the kids in the pool (when it's warmer of course) while lying down and out of the sun

this photo was taken early April
I love looking back on old photos just to see how far we've come and how much things have changed
...we've obviously just mowed the new turf and there's only the first hut done! I took the photo right in the back corner of the yard...we always move the trampoline around so it doesn't ruin the grass..dont you just love the way Geoff mows the lawn on a 45 degree angle...it looks pretty good I must admit

a closer view 



I posted this on the forum and MJH loved it so much that they posted it on their facebook page!


Comments:
M. Stephens Said - Those photos look amazing and very much like a postcard! I just love what you've done in the hut what a great idea. I bet you cant wait for summer to come around again you lucky things!

Me - Absolutely Mark, I'm really looking forward to a FULL summer of use this time! It's going to be a lot of fun and the kids are hanging out to have their first 'Hawaiian' pool party....god help the neighbours lol!

J. Stevens Said - Out of this world, love the bar it goes so well with your theme, bet your going to give it a good workout in summer,  and look at how far you guys have come....that's incredible great job! My hubby wants to mow our lawn like yours now so tell Geoff he's created a trend lol.

Me - Hahaha Jo, your too funny lol. Abso agree, the bar is definitely going to get a decent workout come summer! Yeah not too sure about the trend setting lol but it does look pretty groovy.

No comments:

Post a Comment