Sunday 2 February 2014

Surprise!


With Geoff being on a overseas business trip, I decided to finish off the rest of the retaining walls myself by placing some Merbau capping on top of the edge. 
I also managed to backfill around the retaining walls for the gardens which was around 1 tonne of dirt. 
Luckily we had some of the soil from the pool excavation left which we kept for this reason.

I bought some palms and other plants from a wholesale nursery near by who also delivers...bonus!

I also put his garden/pool equipment shed up too (with the help of the kids). 

By the end of the week, I was super exhausted, but excited at the same time. 
The only actual thing that kept me going was (hopefully), seeing the look of excitement on his face when I reveal it to him when he gets home.

At the same time as Geoff was to arrive home on Saturday 25th, my sister and brother in law, niece and her partner and my (who I was seeing for the first time) little 8 month old great nephew were spending a week with us coming all the way from WA were due. 

When I showed him what I had done (with some help from the kids), he couldn't believe it and felt somewhat guilty in not being there to help us. 

When I showed him the garden shed that I had put up (with a little help from the kids), he was surprised that I even attempted it. 

To top it all off, Australia day was the next day and we were having around 30 people over (what was I thinking) for a bbq. 

An awesome day was had despite the pool not being finished due to the weather turning sour a few days prior (what happened to the beautiful days the we had a week ago?), but apparently if there is any rain no matter how light around, they can't finish off the interior. So we had to wait until the weather fined up. 

I think I'll plan to only have visitors come over when 'EVERYTHING' is finished lol!

Here's a look at what I did prior 



Comments:

J. Chadwick Said - Hi Michelle, I can't believe you did that all by yourself when hubby was away....what a star! I would never attempt something like that as 1. I don't have a green thumb and would probably kill them all and 2. I wouldn't have the strength to barrow a tonne of soil. You really are a do it yourself girl good on you great job. I cant wait to see what colour your pool is when it's finished it looks inviting now so I could only imagine it will be beautifully inviting then...keep the photos coming. x


Me - Thanks Julie, it was exhausting to say the least but I sooooooo wanted to surprise Geoff when he got home. I'm all for doing everything myself when and if I can, I've always been a hands on type of person (obviously in my genes), and could never sit back and watch someone else do it. Dirty work aside, it was definitely worth all the blood sweat and tears.



K. Turner Said - Looking more like a resort every time I see your photos Michelle, it looks fantastic! Way to go with the tropical garden too, I love yuccas and palms. coming along nicely keep up the great work your definitely a workhorse. What were you thinking.....30 people! x


Me - Hahahahaha, I know Kait right? What was I thinking lol! My sister and her family left yesterday afternoon and I'm beside myself, I miss them already :(  Yeah loving the resort look too, so cant wait to see the Bali huts when we get them, then the 'Resort' will come to life....watch this space!


J. Stevens Said - Great pics, it's coming along fabulously you must be very happy and excited great job

Me - I am Jo thanks, I just would've loved it all completely finished but I guess you can't have everything!


M. Stephens Said - My wife has just said that she thinks your a legend and you should be on the 'Block' or that other show where they renovate each others homes. You and hubby have done an amazing job with the home so far and I can only imagine what it would look like when it's complete keep up the good work I look forward to watching your blog continue as I'm getting a lot of ideas from you thanks.


Me - Oh Mark how lovely for you and your wife to say that, that's so sweet thank you it means a lot!
Funny you should say that though, I've been told that before by a lot of people with our last build...perhaps I should start listening! Your place is coming along nicely too, I always have a sticky when I drive by.


No comments:

Post a Comment