Friday 20 February 2015

Finally taking shape

Well I'm slowly getting my home office in order. I've sold my old desk and bookcase for the asking price of $250.

I did advertise it on eBay however it didn't sell although I had a couple of watchers and well over 100 views so it re advertised the next week automatically.

Whilst I hesitated at first, I decided to drop the price (just to get rid of it) to $125 to which I got more watchers this time but less views...bizarre!

So when it (again) didn't sell, I advertised it on a local buy and sell site where I put the original price on it of $250.00 and sold it within 20minutes of advertising...bizarre!

So now that I have a blank canvas once again, it's a lot easier to get the room organised for what I want to do

Over the prior weeks to writing this post, I've come up with the idea of buying a timber dining table wide enough for me to slice down the centre to give me (2) halves which I'll turn into a double desk...simple!

So during the 2 weeks that I was selling my old desk, I was watching a few dining tables suitable to my needs on eBay however, I wasn't prepared to pay more than what they ended up going for so I was left feeling that this may not be the way to go!

That was until the other day!...keep reading your gunna love this!


I went to get my hair done (me time), and low and behold I was a week early...who the hell does that?

Well to cut a long story short, I decided that instead of turning around and going straight back home, I'll go and get some supplies for Master B's school assignment instead.

So whilst I waited until the shop opened at 10am, I sat in the car and went through my eBay watched items.

I noticed that one of the dining tables that I had been contemplating on wether to keep watching it or not (you know that moment when you think...do I still like it, can I make this work?), well since it was in my very own area (how good is that when you don't have to drive miles away?), I took a loser look at the picture (just to be sure I still like it) and then the name of the seller hit me!

It was my very own neighbour 2 doors down that was selling it....bizarre hey?

So still unsure if it was truly her, i sent a message via eBay and asked if I could take a look at it and if it was her that was selling it (I didn't think until afterwards to just send her a message on her phone!).

The starting price was $99.00 ( I was happy to pay up $150 if it had all the criteria) for an 8 seater hardwood timber dining suite, the chairs were timber with cushion inserts to the bottom in a beige colour which I can re-cover.
I'll only need 2 of the chairs, so unsure what to do with the remaining 6 other than sell them on eBay or my local buy and sell site

Later in the afternoon, she messaged me on my phone saying it was her and that I could have the table for nothing....WHAT!

I couldn't believe my luck, at last I can get my office the way I wanted and it's not going to cost me any more than a couple of wall screws and battens (to attach the back of the table to the wall), and a bit of time and a lot of elbow grease rubbing it back and re-staining it to match the other eBay bargain...my sideboard see this post

To top it off, her husband (who is a builder) will do the slicing of the table for me...yay how cool is that?

So here's what it looks like now...so can't wait to get started, I'm hoping I can get some time to do it this weekend...stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment