Thursday 26 February 2015

As fate would have it!

Well after cutting up my table on Saturday to make my dual desk for the home office, I would have to say that I'm quite pleased.

Once I get to sanding it all down, it shouldn't take too much longer to have the office finally up and running.

I found a bedside table to use as a support for the desk in the centre and use the drawers for my stationary on eBay that was ending soon and later that night, I noticed that the seller had another 2 bedsides (the same) for sale as well!

Since the bedside was only $20 (starting bid price), I sent the seller a message to say that I would like to buy all three and if she would take $50 for them.

She replied later saying that she would consider the offer since no-one had started the bid (on eBay) and she would get back to me when she finished work.

The auction finished jest before midday on Sunday and no-one had bidded...phew!

So I sent another message to say that I still wanted to buy the items and she replied that she was only going to sell one as her daughter had changed her mind about the other 2...bummer!

I still wanted the one so I replied and said ok I'll just have the one.

She rang me on Monday morning to say that she would drop it in to me on her way to work! I was quite happy to go and pick it up (only half hr away) at her convenience, but when she offered to drop it in to me, I took it.

I've got a big job ahead of me with all the sanding back and re-staining, but that's the good 'ol D.I.Y for ya.

I'm guessing I'll have it done in a couple of weeks give a day or two hehe.

So so far, the tally for my office spend is:

$50 - sideboard (eBay)
$20 - Bedside table (eBay) free delivery!
$0 - Dining table & chairs (eBay) free delivery!



No comments:

Post a Comment