Thursday 29 January 2015

A little photoshoot...




You can tell I just love taking photos of my new dining table can't you? I think I've taken just about every angle of it and it seems I just cant get enough lol
It's amazing what a great camera can do for a photoshoot too, I've been using a Canon EOS 60d which is a far cry from my last camera which was a Nikon d90 (which I loved) but due to dropping it one day while on holidays, it would've cost an arm and a leg to fix so I opted to buy (and try out) the Canon to compare since it was a little cheeper


I'm still learning how to take great photos with it and using it to it's full potential, but as you can see... I've still got a ways to go




And trust me, the kitchen doesn't always look this tidy all the time! That's the OCD in me, I have to have a clean and tidy work area before I take a shot and god knows how loooooong I spend trying to get everything right!

On a different note...I love how the dining setting gives great contrast to the dark kitchen and can't see any other colour giving the same effect...well done to me lol

Sometimes I wish I had nice dark stained timber floors so I could've had my nice white and timber kitchen to go with it, but since hubby was against timber floors (deep down I think he really would've liked them) I had to go the opposite somehow to compromise :(

That's why I came up with the look that it is now, and being quite found of charcoal anyway, as soon as I saw it in the Polytec display book, I knew I had to incorporate it into the home

Should I have combined it with another colour...perhaps white top cupboards....probably
Should I have gone for a whiter bench top too....probably
Should I have gone with a lighter splashback as well...probably

But I love my kitchen the way it is and at least I can change the decor to suit my ever changing mind whenever the need arises!

Until next time... 





No comments:

Post a Comment