Monday 20 October 2014

D.I why?

Because it's fun, it saves you a heck of a lot of money, it'll be a one off and well...why not!

Since I'm all about saving money (and really, who isn't these days?), I want to spruce up the spare room to make it a little more cosy and give it a different look all together.

One thing I loooooove about up-cycling is that it makes it a one off item instead of something that everyone else has and it's so affordable.

I've spent many a "DIY" time in the shed sanding back old paint or varnish on numerous goodies that I've collected over the years and I looooove it.

I'm starting off with the 2 side tables just to give them a much needed lift from the "drab" state they're in at the moment.

drab 1 |drab|adjective (drabberdrabbest)lacking brightness or interest; drearily dull: the landscape was drab and grey | her drabsuburban existence.of a dull light brown colour: drab camouflage uniforms.



I remember giving these a makeover (re-paint) about a decade ago so it's time for new makeover
check out 2 of the dictionary description of the word drab...mmmm


Since they're only made of MDF, it's not like I have to spend hours stripping back the paint and sanding until smooth, so that's less time I have to spend in the shed!

There's so many options I could go for here, namely just a new coat of paint and some new handles might just do the trick and keep the costs low....but


that's just not me, I'm going to turn these babies into something that looks like it cost an arm and a leg ...hopefully :)

So keep watching



Btw....I'd love it if you would tell me what you would do to update them (maybe your ideas will be better), so don't be shy make a comment below and if I use your idea...I will give you kudos!





No comments:

Post a Comment