Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Day Spa...Pure Indulgence





Who doesn't love to unwind after a long day at the office, I know I sure do and my office is at home! There's nothing I love to do better than to fill the bath, adding a few drops of my favourite scented oil, lighting the numerous amount of candles for ambiance, having the smell of the aromatherapy oil burning away whilst listening to the soft music playing with the lights turned off as I scrub my body with my home-made body scrub (see below for details), before I settle into the warm water to soak away for at least an hour or so. 

As soon as we've finished with dinner and done the odd bit of homework with the kids and we've all talked about our day, it's nice just to have some 'ME' time every now and then. Even being a stay at home mum, I still find that I need to unwind and to recharge the batteries. 

Having a large bath in our ensuite allowed for me to turn it into our very own 'Day Spa' (a major cost saver), where both Geoff and I can escape from it all (as well as put a bit of romance back into the marriage) who doesn't like the sound of that?

I found everything that I needed already around the home so setting up was very cheap. I bought the lettering (paper mache') from spotlight and used one of the many sample pots of paint that I collected during the early stages of the build when trying to pick a colour for the render. I bought the silk frangipani's ages ago and was always going to use them (somewhere), but they just sat in the craft box until now.

The actual cost of this setup was a total of $20.00 which is nothing compared to the prices they charge at a real day spa. You could say I'm one very happy camper!



the A letter is really a V that I just turned upside down, they ran out of the A's so it's on order!










your probably wondering what this is all about...it's the name of our house. Derived from Indonesia, the word  'Santai' means 'Rest or Relaxation'.. I thought I'd add my own logo to one of the 100's of buddha photos that I've taken!



Coconut Lime Body Sugar Scrub
Makes about 1 cup
Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
6-8 drops of lime essential oil
Directions:
1) Melt coconut oil in microwave safe dish.
2) Mix in with the sugar, until fully incorporated.
3) Add the coconut and the lime oil
4) Mix together and store in an air tight container until ready to use




No comments:

Post a Comment