Wednesday 20 November 2013

Thanks Giving...

No I don't mean the kind with the turkey and all the trimmings, I mean the kind of thing you say when you appreciate something or someone.
I started this blog a month ago (late bloomer), in hopes to help others going through the building process and share some of our trials and tribulations.

After reading the many blogs that both helped and interested me during our build, I have wanted to do the same for someone else out there in cyber world.
Not knowing how to start a blog myself, I kept a diary as a reference to look back on in many years to come and took note of all the shoulda, woulda, coulda's.

Then one day I decided to give blogging a go and (after I don't know how many attempts), low and behold...I now have a blog.

Having that diary is why I was able to reference right back to the start especially with dates. With family a long way away it also keeps them updated with our build which is extremely important to me, there's only so many photos one can send in an email!

There were some days during the beginning (paperwork) where I had been frustrated to no end, but it's not until you get to the stage we're up to now, that you can understand why it takes sooooooo long and it eventually becomes a distant memory. 

There is so much to consider when building and sometimes you get it right the first time and sometimes you don't.
There is no point in rushing it because that's where the big mistakes lie, you have to trust that your builder knows what they're doing all the time, how many homes have they built after all!

Mind you, I never took this approach at the start, I was constantly on the phone wanting answers to my many questions, why,why,why,why,why?
The answer is simple...sometimes it's out of their control.

So far we've only made 1 boo boo (that's pretty damn good), the linen cupboard does not have anywhere to store my ironing board! Because we changed the configuration of the laundry which in turn made the linen cupboard smaller, instead of having straight shelves, we now have a u-shape shelf system. Not to worry, I just have to hang it up on the back of the linen door - see problem solved!  It was either that or cut some of the shelves to make room and I didn't want to do that besides, part of the cupboard will house the AV system for the home theatre behind..clever. 


I thank my followers and all of my viewers (almost 3000) from all over the world including the US, Canada, Ukraine, South Korea, Germany and the UK for watching our build with interest. 
I thank you all for posting your lovely comments and well wishes.

And without further ado...
I'd like to thank you Brian our site supervisor for all that you have done for us...you have been nothing short of a 'BLOODY LEGEND'
I thank the team behind the scene that deserve a mention whom ever you are
I thank our CLO Jenni, who no doubt has had a well earned break from all of my whining
I thank our colour consultant Erin...your a star!
I thank all of the wonder tradesman who have done a fantastic job...we couldn't be happier
I thank the draftsman who managed to draft the beautiful home we will have the very pleasure of living in in 3 weeks time
I thank Stewart Everit whoever you are for the beautiful home design (sorry for making so many changes)
I thank Bill McDonald for his patience with my impatience (I know it wasn't easy)
And most of all, I thank my wonderful husband for not only giving me full rein (with at least the inside of the house) but trusting in me to create our dream home for without you, this would not be possible. Love you babe to the moon and back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment