Tuesday 24 September 2013

That dreaded word...DISCONTINUED

We had a message from Erin our colour consultant last Friday 20th, to say that our colour for the kitchen and bathroom doors has been discontinued....what?
Oh no I thought, how am I going to pick another colour when all this time I've been imagining our first choice with everything. Now I have to try and find something like it or better than it.....arrg!

Why was I panicked? As soon as we walked into the studio, Erin took one look at me and said, "Don't worry, I have the solution".
"Are you serious" I said laughing, "I've had nothing else on my mind since we picked our colours back in Feb." Now I don't know about you, but when I have a certain picture in my head, it's hard to think of something else in it's place, especially when you build your colour scheme around a particular item and for me that was the kitchen colours.


Within 5 minutes, she had me smiling again and to be honest with you, we're actually happier with this choice than the first. I found the sense of calm again as she showed me that beautiful colour swatch (you know, the one I wanted to mysteriously drop into my handbag back in Feb) of hers and everything that would suit our splashback. Because we are going with the charcoal colours throughout the home, once I saw the Cavia Lini I knew it was the one. We walked away with huge smiles on our faces 30 minutes later and hoped that nothing else would go wrong. The whole way home I was praying that she wouldn't ring back and say the inevitable.

Here's what we picked
Polytech Cavia Lini Sheen 

No comments:

Post a Comment