Tuesday 17 September 2013

Kudos

I have to give kudos to Mal and the team from Blinds on the Net who for the last few weeks, has given me the answers to the numerous questions I've asked about the blinds I want.

I'm hoping to save as much money as I can and install the blinds myself.
I consider myself to be very hands on when it comes to these types of things and after all, who can't hang a blind?

I now understand how to go about fitting a corner blind into a corner window (bed 3) thanks to this handy tip found here 

And I wasn't too sure at first of how a dual blind will fit on the picture windows as the architrave is only 40mm.

So Malcolm just said that I to have one as a back roll on the inside of the architrave, and the other (on a separate bracket) as a front roll on the outer side of the architrave.

A front roll (blind rolling toward you), eliminates the need for a pelmet, this will be the sunblock to block both sun and heat during the day.

The back one (closest to the window), will be a sunscreen blind, so you can still see through it during the day. This will partially block the sun and heat (perfect for the northern side of the house) and still allow you to see through to the pool area.

He also pointed out (which I hadn't thought of), is that most 'Blockout' blinds (esp dark coloured ones), have a white backing and don't come in 3m widths (unless you buy expensive ones).

Our lounge room has a slim line window and is 3m wide. I certainly don't want to be rolling up 2 or 3 blinds and chains hanging in the centre one...bugger that.

Blinds on the Net, have the 'full' black backing on their blockout blind and they come in 3m widths.

I had some 'Free' blind samples sent out of the type I wanted, which you can order here

I saved over $400 by ordering all my blinds here  
and only had to wait about 4 weeks!

Here's what they'll look like


see how the 'Sunblock' is at the front with a front roll (rolls forward), and the one to the back is a 'Sunscreen' blind with a back roll (rolls toward the window)

No comments:

Post a Comment