Tuesday 16 September 2014

A nice surprise....

I went down to our local PO (on my way to the shops) last Thursday to collect something that had been posted to our son for his birthday, when the lady behind the counter put not only it up, but another large item as well. I knew what it was straight away just by looking at the shape of the box and was ever so excited.

When I got home later, I quickly opened it and revealed what I had been waiting for for about 8 weeks or so.

I'll try to cut a looooooong story short, even though we've been in the house for 9 (can you believe it) months now and it's taken us that long to decide whether we wanted the house plaque (that MJH give you) or not.

I had filled the form in (that you get with all the other paperwork) the night of our hand over and didn't give it another thought for well over 2 months.

Then looked at it again and thought to myself that I'd rather a sign (without the MJ advert) with just the name of the house which is 'SANTAI'.

Our neighbours across from us had put theirs up a couple of weeks after they moved in (roughly the same time as us) and said to have a look at all the different signs that they have in the office (I was unsure of the background colour and detail that I wanted) to make the decision easier.

Again, leaving it in the drawer and not giving another thought for what seemed like a lifetime, I finally went to the girls in the office to both pick a sign and get them to send it off to be made.

Just like my luck, no one was in the office where the signs were, and the girl didn't have the key to get in!
So I left the card with her and she was going to arrange for someone to call me the day after so I could pop back in.

Suffice to say, I got a call the next day and was told that I could go in when it was convenient and someone would show me the signs......I kinda got too busy and eventually forget all about it until about 8 or so weeks ago.

I finally called the office (after seeing the different signs on line and the $$) to arrange to have our 'Free' sign made.

She couldn't find the card that I had left (I did tell you it was a long story didn't I?), so she sent me a new one in the mail.

After filling it in for the second time, I sent it back to office (as I was told to do so) to have it sent off to the signage place.

Given that every other MJ home I knew which had been built and handed over, it wasn't long after (I'd say 2 weeks or so) that they had house plaques on them and here we were still waiting.

So I rang the girls in the office and asked them if they knew why our plaque was taking so long to be made.

She said that I would have to ring the actual place where they make them and ask why I haven't received it yet.
So I did and apparently the lady had no knowledge of our plaque and wondered why I hadn't sent the form off to her personally.

I told her that this was the second form and I was told by the girl in the MJ office to send the form back to them and they would send it off on my behalf.

She then said that that was wrong and that it shouldn't have ever taken more than 2 weeks for the signs to be made and sent back to the home owner!!!!!

Never mind I said, it was just a miscommunication and could we just order it over the phone rather than fill in another form and wait another couple of weeks. She said yes and it took less than 2 weeks for it to be in my hands...woohoo!

So not expecting it for another couple of days, it was a nice surprise indeed and now it's just a matter of getting Geoff (he won't let me) to hang it when he has time!


Well I did try to cut it short but gave in, so you now have the full version...lol


here it is.....I've just sat it in the picture recess to take a pic of it

No comments:

Post a Comment